MiroMark's Elevated Work Platform

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Greg@mnrr

Section Hand
I've been looking at Micro Marks' elevated work platform to allow working in hard to reach areas.

Does anyone have any experience using this "tool"? I may need one as I grow older and my reach becomes shorter.

Thanks.

Greg

83876_R.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I add a photo of the elevated work platform.

Thanks.

Greg

PS: Even if you don't have one, please provide your thoughts on this item.
 


I took advantage of Micro-Mark's 20% off Memorial Day sale and on last Friday ordered n elevated work platform. On sale and I still received 20% off ale price. Shipping was a hair under $18.00.

My layout at starts at approximately 48" above finished floor level and the highest approximately 54 inches high. I've finding it harder and more difficult to reach into the higher elevations and distances into the layout to do work or maintenance. I have areas that need ballast and finishing details that the work platform will help me gain easy access to and let me finish the projects.

Greg
 
Looks like a nice gadget to me, definitely much safer than standing on a chair, which is what I have done in the past!
 
We have one at the club, It sure makes getting at things in the rear a lot easier. Before I bought one from Micromark, I'd do a google search for topside creeper. I found one for $171 with free shipping.
 
My unit arrived from Micro-Mark last Thursday and it was very heavy in its packing container. We removed parts of the platform to carry separately to the basement. Today, I'll start the assembly. Hopefully it will fit into the layout room since the entrance to the layout has narrow clearance.

I plan on storing the platform under the layout so it with be hidden when not in use.

Greg
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top