JimInMichigan
Member
My 02c;
- Having messed with a 4x8 board, you never want to be more than 30" away from reaching "it" (whatever "it" may be!) - Sure, "mountains" & "industries" can go further away in the corners, but you *are* going to to need to reach 'em more than you'd like...... (IME)
Yea, thats why I was shooting for 30", and decided on 27".
If your space is now really about 10x8, with no relevance applied to the "bay window" you mentioned above (?), I'd look at "peninsular" style layouts - A real quick sketch below - Your door moved between posts![]()
If you look at my original layout, you'll see it's " 15 " squares by 10.8. The last diagram I posted is just showing the 8x10.8 I am wanting to work with.
Can you step into the bay window area? - *That* would be awesome!
Cheers,
Ian
No, cant step into the bay window area.
I want my train to be able to run full time ( not just a service line type layout ). Let me draw up a pen. type layout real quick and see how that looks.
