MBTA -Repainted!- -not done-

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Amtrak47

Member
I really didn't like how my Walthers MBTA f40 and coach looked color wise, as great a product walthers makes, they were way off on the purple, it was pink... So I tried my hands at making it look like it should :D The pics are them before and after! They are not quiet done yet, I need to add the decals (logos, yellow outlines, etc) Glue the windows back in and that should do it! :D Its my very time custom painting a model train, lemme know what ya'll think! I've also chosen the number 1033 for this locomotive because I recently seen that number f40 come through Worcester :o Btw I will be getting 5 island model works bi level MBTA cars for a real prototypical consist!

IMG_0035.JPGIMG_2215.JPG MBTA ex 1004 and soon to be MBTA #1033

Things used in this project: Testors metallic silver spray paint and regular paint, tru color mbta purple and (coming soon) microscale mbta locomotive and passenger car decals.
 






Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top