MBTA -not finished-

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Amtrak47

Member
Heres a treat! This is my mbta f40 hooked up to my mbta horizon coach, i don't know when this train will be finished for the fact that walthers discontinued every piece of mbta stock. enjoy guys :D
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0035.JPG
    IMG_0035.JPG
    250.4 KB · Views: 596
Very nice! Have any more pics of the car? Hopefully you can find the missing equipment on eBay or something.
 


Believe it or not, I've got an HO-scale MBTA F40PH from LIFE-LIKE!
file-70.jpg

I do also have an MBTA horizon coach car and cab car from Walthers, and they work fine. I mean, sure they don't look like MBTA's REAL current F40PHs...
5999884835_cb4a8d7973.jpg

(This is what most of the real MBTA commuter trains I see in my area have.)
...but it still looks pretty realistic IMHO. You could even get this Life-Like Snap-Loc commuter station building kit, and with a bit of customization and kitbashing have it look like a more authentic MBTA station:
lif1381.gif
 
Believe it or not, I've got an HO-scale MBTA F40PH from LIFE-LIKE!
file-70.jpg

I do also have an MBTA horizon coach car and cab car from Walthers, and they work fine. I mean, sure they don't look like MBTA's REAL current F40PHs...
5999884835_cb4a8d7973.jpg

(This is what most of the real MBTA commuter trains I see in my area have.)
...but it still looks pretty realistic IMHO. You could even get this Life-Like Snap-Loc commuter station building kit, and with a bit of customization and kitbashing have it look like a more authentic MBTA station:
lif1381.gif

Sorry for the very late response, I've been swamped with projects and junk. I recently repainted my mbta f40 and coach and now they look a lot like the locomotive and coach in the 2nd pic you posted ;D I'm waiting on some decals and I shall post some pics!!!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top