ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
So here's what I have:
EMD F7
Digitrax SDH164D Decoder
Standard white LEDs with resistors
Can the decoder take a regular plain ol' LED and flash it like a mars light? Or do I need special LEDs like I would use if it was DC.
Thanks
Hi thegenieoffunk,
Yes the decoder can do Mars,ditch, gralites,random flicker,single and double
pulse strobe lighting effects, you will just need ordinary leds and resistors for each led.
If you go to the Digitrax site and download the decoder manual, it will show you how to hook it up and what CV's to setup.
http://www.digitrax.com/products/sound-decoders/sdh164d/
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)