ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
Had a DCC equipped Kato Mikado show up yesterday.
-
Kato dcc mikado.jpg
202.7 KB
· Views: 18
RANK AMATEURS OF THE MODEL RAILROAD FORM MEMBER
That's an awesome find! Wish they would make another run of it. It's been a while.
RANK AMATEURS OF THE MODEL RAILROAD FORM MEMBER
Kato HO scale EF58. I wasn't going to get this one, but I saw a video off a DCC sound installation and the challenge is on! I don't like the way it overhangs the track in corners.
With mini me.
The DCC sound install will provide headlamps, separate left and right tail lamps and a cab lamp on both ends.
RANK AMATEURS OF THE MODEL RAILROAD FORM MEMBER
Been a while since last posting here.
Kato n-scale C11 190 arrived yesterday
.
Tackled all the small stuff that needed to be added and coupled her up to the Royal Coach. The flags are only flown when the Emperor is onboard.
The flags hook onto the the handrails and have to be removed when stowing the loco back into the box.
RANK AMATEURS OF THE MODEL RAILROAD FORM MEMBER
My SHOWA era imperial train arrived today. It's going to be a challenge to get all them tiny bits installed.
RANK AMATEURS OF THE MODEL RAILROAD FORM MEMBER
Z scale has come a long way.
I ordered the interior detail kit. This company makes vinyl stickers to apply to the walls, seats, etc. Similar to this one.
Here is a photo my wife took this morning of my two rescues. They’re a bonded pair. The little one is about 4 months old now and is just full of curiosity. She keeps everyone on their toes. The bigger one is about a year and a half old. She’s still has a lot of feral traits yet, but getting better. Both, surprisingly, leave the two 18 year old cats alone.
RANK AMATEURS OF THE MODEL RAILROAD FORM MEMBER
KATO ED16 arrived today. Had it on pre-order since May.
More boxcabs! woo hoo!
I haven't bought anything in months, weeks at least.
I enjoyed the cat photos.
RANK AMATEURS OF THE MODEL RAILROAD FORM MEMBER
Just in, a Rapido 16XX Pannier Tank.
This thing is mostly metal and comes in at 256 grams. My Athearn Consolidation weighs 300 grams for reference.
It has the motion details inside the frames as this is an inside cylinder loco.
Cab details is good, but not as good as the newer stuff. Which is not bad considering this model came out in 2020-ish.
But it does have a firebox flicker.
Doing the run in on the rollers.
This showed up today along with decals for some more cars for the consist. A Model Power 4-6-2 [yeah, I know it's a fantasy scheme, but I like it]
-
UP4-6-2.jpg
249 KB
· Views: 5
This showed up today along with decals for some more cars for the consist. A Model Power 4-6-2 [yeah, I know it's a fantasy scheme, but I like it]
Rule 1 always applies.

Kato HO scale EF58. I wasn't going to get this one, but I saw a video off a DCC sound installation and the challenge is on! I don't like the way it overhangs the track in corners.
View attachment 271032
With mini me.
View attachment 271033
The DCC sound install will provide headlamps, separate left and right tail lamps and a cab lamp on both ends.
Nice! For these very large electric locomotives with hinged main frames, you need wide curves to make them look good.
Here is a photo my wife took this morning of my two rescues. They’re a bonded pair. The little one is about 4 months old now and is just full of curiosity. She keeps everyone on their toes. The bigger one is about a year and a half old. She’s still has a lot of feral traits yet, but getting better. Both, surprisingly, leave the two 18 year old cats alone.
View attachment 274679View attachment 274680
You got them in the mail?
I just made a bid and eventual purchase on a model which i passed long time ago; an Italian E444 "Super Turtle"-"Tartaruga" in 0 scale two rail.
This is an old Rivarossi product which unfortunately is not being made anymore. Back in 1960s-70s Rivarossi came out with a line of 0 scale (not to be confused with Lionel O gauge caricatures from that time). Items with scale length included long European prototype passenger coaches, a French Bo-Bo diesel, a few steam locomotives including an elusive German design BR80 0-6-0 tank. Most know about the Casey Jones 4-6-0 and a 0-8-0 switcher, but the European design rolling stock is kinda rare and difficult to find. When i was in Italy back in 1990s, i was hoping to see one of those E444s in original look, but i only saw E444R since the "Tartarugas" were mostly stationed in northern parts of the country at the time, and i just didn't get there. I'll take some pictures and post it here when the thing gets to my house.
RANK AMATEURS OF THE MODEL RAILROAD FORM MEMBER
Nice! For these very large electric locomotives with hinged main frames, you need wide curves to make them look good.
Yeah, that's why I hesitated so long to get it. But then someone posted a video using the same size curves that I have (no, not my girlish figure!) and it didn't look too bad. Not like a Big Boy looks good going through switches.
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)