ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
M.B Klein ,as of yesterday was dealing w/phone hacker. As I called to order stuff i was asked to give info to win a free trip ,i didnt do it and hung up.Called again and voice atuo voice again told me to give info this time I stayed on the line and after 10sec heard voice say "goodbye" after that there lines were busy never got through.
I have been dealing with them since I was 11 and my grandfather was a customer before me. I know to keep clear at Christmas time if possible, but I know if I have to they will do their best to help me.
I wish you could have seen the madness when they were in the old location on the east side of downtown Baltimore. There was only enough room for single file in the aisles when the store was empty and there was only a few aisles. It was wall to wall people when they were jammed with shoppers at Christmas time.
Despite the madness they were always nice to me and my $2 purchases, no matter how busy they were. That was why I would take 2 buses to go to their store and pass at least half a dozen other stores, maybe more where I was treaded like a pain in the butt kid. I had stores within walking distance of my house, but I would ride the busses for nearly an hour each way to MB Klein because they were nice to me and their discount prices made up for the bus fair. I would even have enough left over to buy a coke and a pack of baseball cards!
They have always treated me like a "million dollar customer" they are the best!
They really are one of the last, if not THE last, remaining business' that still maintains respect for their customers, no matter who they are or how much they spend. They continue an "old fashioned philosophy" - a happy customer will return, so keep the customer happy.
Too bad 99.9% of other business' don't seem understand, or care about, things like that - those things being the customer, without whom - they'd have no business.
You are absolutely right Tony! It's smart business practice as well. Who knows when a $2 customer will turn out to be a $3000-$4000 customer in the future.
When I started buying expensive command control Lionel locomotives and the Legacy command control system dI knew right where to go! I always check MB Klein before I buy anything and if they have what I am looking for in stock I buy from them unless I can find it some where else for 15% less or better, which seldom happens. There are the rare vendor who combines great customer service with very competitive pricing and they always have. No wonder they are growing while so many others are going out of business.
I remember the old store down town. My dad took me as a kid. Its night and day difference now. Everything is new and clean and well lit now. And the customer service, if anything, has improved.
I bought 25 cent peice of broken flex track there a couple weeks ago. (Just needed n scale rails for something, not working track)
Found it in their junk pile.
They acted just the same as if I was buying a $500 loco with dcc and sound equipped.
Yep, the "don't bother me with that little purchase, or your novice questions, I'm running a business here" attitude will turn away future business like halitosis.
Either that or, when you ask a question they look at you stupid and/or come back with ... "I don't know, I just work here".
You can ask anyone at Kleins anything about Model Railroading and they, or someone else who works there, knows the answer.
Most places now a days are only able to answer a question if the answer is on the product - if it isn't, they're screwed because they know nothing about the product their selling/flogging.