M. B. Klein ...

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


wombat457

I'm the one
Afternoon Guys,

Anyone placed an order with M. B. Klein in the last week or two? I have had a couple of orders in for 8 days and still haven't received it, which is VERY much out of the ordinary for those guys. Had a second order placed 7 days ago, got the shipping email but no Tracking Number, another 'strange occurrence' for them.

In the past, every one of my orders were processed and shipped within 24/48 hours and received within 2/3 days of the items being shipped.

I know it is christmas and they are possibly busy, but was wondering if anyone else was having the same 'delays' or if it is just our postal service.

I don't want to contact them if others are having the same issues, as it may well just be the time of the year.
 
I got one in yesterday that was ordered a week ago. Glad it came in too. I have a package to send to Louis and was afraid of damage to the goods. The larger box and packaging material is perfect.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I had the same issue, notice of shipping a full week after placing the order on 12/8. Placed a Walthers order same day and it turned right around. I would say that Klein's is normally a day or so slower than either Walthers or Trainworld, but this much of a delay so early in the season is troubling. I'm keeping a watch on them, but have already shifted some business to Trainworld.
 


Ya MB Klein usually takes 2-3 days before shipping. I recently ordered a few things from them on 12/5. With USPS Priority it was delivered by 12/11. Not bad I guess.

But Trainworld always ships next day. They are quick.

You should call MB Klein and ask them whats going on.
 
They so seem to be way off as of late. I ordered the concor christmas car... I guess I won't see it until new years. It has been five business days and there is no word. Looking over my past orders with them, it seems like they used to always get things out the next business day, but not my last two orders (one in late Nov and one five business days ago).

I guess they are really busy? I would call if you need it.
 
I'm waiting on some stuff as well. I have ordered a lot of stuff from eBay and Amazon since and have already received them. In fact one item that I bought on eBay already came in from China. I can only remember one time that Klein was slow and that was when they had a huge snow storm on the east coast that shut everything down.
 
Tony I have been buying from them all my train life, back when a Tyco boxcar could be had for under a dollar. Christmas the place is a mad house! They to hire part time help, but they won't put just anybody behind the counter because they are serious about how they treat the customers. That is why even when I was spending a total of maybe $5 they treated me like a million dollar customer. Be patient they will catch up.

I usually order online then chose store pick up. Even then I give them at least 24 hours to pull my order before I go to the store. Christmas time I wait a couple of days before going in to pick up my order and I only go in during the middle of the week. Weekends are insane sometimes. You should have seen the old store. You could barley turn around when it was empty, Christmas was wall to wall people.
 
interesting to read this thread - don't remember what it was that I ordered but I was actually disappointed in the delivery time for my items. It was at least three days before confirmation/shipping of the order and then about 4-5 days later until receipt.
 
The last item I ordered from them was a two pack of Kato F2's lettered for the Burlington Route, back in June. I think it took five business days from ordering on the internet early in the morning til I got them. Most everything I've ordered from them has taken about five to seven days to receive. Overall, I've been very satisfied with their service.
 
I ordered some stuff earlier this week.
I haven't heard from them since.
Must be very busy.
I don't really need it yet.
I can wait.
 


Well I just now got an email that my order was shipped and I ordered it 5 days ago. It would have been nice to have it already, but I understand that they are under a lot of pressure to get everything out for Christmas so I'm Ok with it.
 
Thanks Guys, seems like this is 'trend' with them of late but is worrying to say the least. I might just call them and find out what is happening because this is not good service at all and is definitely not like what I/we have become accustomed to with them.

I'll let you know what I find out once I have called.
 
Okay, just off the phone with them and the short answer is they are just VERY BUSY. They told me that they are about 3 days behind in their shipping due to the high volume of orders and are, currently, shipping out orders that were placed on the 15th of this month.

They also told me that today was the 'Cut Off' for christmas shipping and, that they should be back to their normal next day shipping as they always have been.
 
I figured that they were extremely busy. Normally any orders are shipped the next day. I have put orders in early in the morning and shipped the same day. Christmas must be giving them fits.
 
I figured that they were extremely busy. Normally any orders are shipped the next day. I have put orders in early in the morning and shipped the same day. Christmas must be giving them fits.

Your experience with them is the same as mine, order in the morning, shipped that afternoon. That is what they have all but guaranteed will be returned by the end of this month, so fingers crossed.

I also asked if there was a change in their policy or management that may have been the cause of the 'current problems'. They assured me that nothing had changed and it was just an unusually busy year for them.
 
Tony ordered my BLI steamer and got it 8 days later,think its the holiday rush. As you said there normally very good in getting stuff out......then again maybe the elves went on strike ....better insurance higher wages??
 
I placed an order on the 15th of Dec. My account says it is still processing.

D&J,

I can tell you, from what I was told, orders placed on the 15th were being shipped today so you should get yours within the next 2 or 3 days...

I placed an order on the 18th and was told that it would not be shipped until Monday or Tuesday of next week. All I can say is they were very apologetic but were extremely busy. At least they admitted that they were running 3 days behind on shipping and didn't make some pathetic excuse.



Tony ordered my BLI steamer and got it 8 days later,think its the holiday rush. As you said there normally very good in getting stuff out......then again maybe the elves went on strike ....better insurance higher wages??

Yep, according to them, they are very busy - busier than usual for this time of the year even. That being said, if the elves have gone on strike for better insurance, then they need to be placed on the 'Unemployment Line' and replaced with elves who are happy just to have insurance :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:






Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top