Looking to buy a Lionel Acela

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


RocketJet

New Member
Does anyone know where I can find one? Anyone wanna sell me theirs? They have disappeared from ebay since Christamas
 
why yes! However, I would hope to pay that much for the loco's with 6 cars as opposed to 3 but this is the best possibility I have seen since Christmas, thanks!
 


I have a set I was about to list on eBay when I saw this thread. I had it all out of the box just this afternoon to make sure the pantographs, doors, tilt, station sounds, etc (advanced features) all worked fine.

It's immaculate. Lovely set. This is one of the few I've ever head to read to owner's manual to make sure I was actually using all the features.

If still looking let me know and I'll attach photos. Not a scratch on the thing. Clean wheels/trucks.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
New Acela for 2012!

So now it looks like they are bringing this thing back but without 2 of the cars the original complete set has. The 2005/2006 Acela set had the two loco's, one 1st class, and two Business Class cars which could be combined with the expansion set that includes the cafe car and 2 more business class cars.

These new sets are being released with one less business class car but include "new features". Does anyone have any details? All I saw was that they added a few lights and strengthened the pantographs
 


Hey dicktrain,

If I were you I would start a new thread with a name something like "Lionel Acela set for sale" You would probably get more people interested in buying it that way. You may want to consider the OGR forum too they have a free for sale section. This is a great forum and us 3 rail guys are more then welcome, but most modelers on here are HO an N

I wish you well
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top