looking for truck and other vehilce detail parts

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


If you are looking for something specific let me know...I can most likely get it for you or tell you where to go. I think I've almost reached the status of, "1:87 vehicle guru."
 


I've been to the site and it has about everything you can get. I would like to see a aluminum flat bed trailer made. I sent an e-mail to Lonestar models about it to see if Dan would build one but he has not plans for that now. I figured since he does such nice wooden trailers he would do a great job with the aluminum ones as well.

Dave
 
II would like to see a aluminum flat bed trailer made. I sent an e-mail to Lonestar models about it to see if Dan would build one but he has not plans for that now. I figured since he does such nice wooden trailers he would do a great job with the aluminum ones as well.

Promotex and Trucks N' Stuff both make 48' Aluminum Spread Axle Flatbed trailers, they are just basic models though and not too detailed. I think it would be a great move if Lonestar made some 48' Aluminum deck flats!
 
Here is a list of 1/87 vehicles site that's really complete. Rather then reproduce the list here is a link: http://www.1-87vehicles.org/directory/directory.php

Dave

Not true, Dave. For example, Police CarModels isn't listed, and it's probably the best place on the web for 1:87 emergency vehicles and parts. Roco also only gets mentioned for the Minitank line, when they actually make a much wider range of vehicles.
 
Not true, Dave. For example, Police CarModels isn't listed, and it's probably the best place on the web for 1:87 emergency vehicles and parts. Roco also only gets mentioned for the Minitank line, when they actually make a much wider range of vehicles.

You are right and I've made the change to my post.

Dave
 
The 1/87 Vehicle Club's list is great. Here's a few more that didn't make their list:

Detail Associates - #2902 Stratolite Flashers look good on maintenance vehicles

Details West - #235-0918 High Rail Guide Wheels kit, includes pickup bed tool box and welding tanks, intended for Trident pickups but they can be made to fit to others

Durango Press - nice details for railroad maintenance vehicles like Rerailer Shoes and Highway Cones

Evergreen Hill Design - great details for maintenance vehicles; brooms, shovels, bench vise, chain saw...

GCLaser - truck body kits

JL Innovative - more details; ladders, cones, fire extinguishers, brooms, shovels
 






Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top