ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
Folks,
This is my first post, and was hoping I could get some feedback on a track plan. I'm not real sure about it, because I was looking for an urban/suburban plan, with some room for some cool scenery. Would love to get some feedback on the plan, and how you might go about doing the scenery.
I'm VERY open to ideas on how to improve on this. I have zero skill at track plan design, and had a friend do this for me before he left on deployment.
Cheers!
Hey 757. First are you a pilot? I drive a P180 for a fractional outfit.
Second, I think the trackplan actually looks really good. The only thing I would say is there may be some more room in your industrial area to add some more switching. Other than that I think the plan looks good and fun to build.
Hey 757. First are you a pilot? I drive a P180 for a fractional outfit.
Second, I think the trackplan actually looks really good. The only thing I would say is there may be some more room in your industrial area to add some more switching. Other than that I think the plan looks good and fun to build.
Yep, captain on the 757. P180 is a very cool aircraft. How do you like her?
Thanks for the feedback on the plan. I'm just not sure about it, and wish I had some stagging...
Yeah P180 is okay. Actually down in recurrent right now. We are kind of a speed bump for you guys though. New York hates us coming up there in the mod 30s.
Yeah staging would be good, but I wonder if you have enough room to do a little under layout staging? Maybe sneak a ramp around one of those broad curves? The ramp could be hidden with scenery.
What I like is there seems to be opportunity to grow it some for operations but you can just let trains run in circles when you want to. I kinda like having the trains run when I am doing other things on the layout. Gives me something to watch.
you could easily add some on the red lines behind the station, have a lower level under it for train storage/stanging and have it join the main line near the river
Yeah I'd go under the layout for staging as well.
You have enough run there to drop one of the lines down and bring it back up again.
Track plan looks pretty good! You might have enough room there to elevate the mine and have a spur line run up to it, maybe starting at the industrial area?
Thanks guys... I have a few more days to think about it, before I head back to work. Very happy not to be dealing with the weather this week!
I'm still at a loss as to how best to create an operations plan along with how to scenic the area where Union Station is. Those tracks behind it are elevated all the way across.
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)