Loksound or Tsunami sound for ALCO RS3

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Mattchu60

Member
Hello All,

Considering attempting to convert my Atlas RS3 to Sound. Not a lot of room in that shell, so kind of scared of the idea, but I know it can be done.

Ive done a lot of listening on Youtube to both the Loksound and Tsunami sounds, they are pretty close from what I can tell.

Anyone have either and care to comment on if you like it or not?
 
I have both, and like both.
The peripheral sounds including the horn sound better with the Loksound, and motor control is better out of the box.
MUing seems better with the Tsunami, and the Taunami board replacement type installs better in the RS3.
 
Loksound has an Atlas style board as well - the Loksound Select Direct. I much prefer the Loksound over the Tsunami. The prime mover has more bark and the horns are much crisper. Tsunami horns all sound muffled to me.

Mark.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top