Life Like Passenger Cars, are they any good?

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


jtomai

New Member
I am interested in a set of 4 HO scale "Life Like" PRR Passenger cars I found for sale on ebay.

I believe they are "Life Like", not to be confused with Proto 2000 Life Like -which confuses me, cause I dont know the difference.

Any way, its a set of 4 passenger cars "Clestial Roof" for $25

Is this a quality product?

Im new to the hobby, and I dont know what these are all about, HERE IS THE LINK:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140826001499&ssPageName=ADME:B:BCA:US:3160

Thanks greatly in advance.

JT
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Well they're sold now. I hope you got them if you wanted them. They look worth $25 for 4 of them. If I'm not mistaken...life-like is a Walthers sub brand. And the proto life-like might be a premium or higher detailed version. Just my guess....never owned any....but I browse alot of Ebay and other online model train outlets.....day after day........hour after hour.


Mike
 
You might know this already but......getting couplers that are compatible with your existing locomotives and other railcars is key to using and enjoying your new purchases. You can always replace couplers......but I don't have a supply on hand.....so I always make sure I'm getting modern knuckle couplers on stuff I buy.


Mike
 


Life-Like (without the "Proto" brand) was basically just cheaper train set level stuff.

The Proto2000 line was high-end, highly detailed and accurate freight cars and locomotives. Proto1000 was somewhere in the middle.

Life-Like was purchased by Walthers maybe 3 or 4 years ago.
 
Thanks all,

Yeah, I bought em for $25 bucks. Surely, I'll replace the couplers and maybey upgrade the trucks if necessary.

Thanks for the info!

JT
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top