Layout height, or remember when you were a kid?

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


JDL56

Member
IMG_2123.png


If you had trains as a kid, you may have had them on the floor. If you were like me, you probably got down on your stomach for a railfan's view.

I can still get that view today on my double-deck CP Rail M & M Sub.; half of the upper level is just below my eye-level, and the other half is just a bit above, providing a unique perspective on the trains. The photo above is what trains look like at my eye-level (I'm 5 '10).

Layout height is an interesting topic for many model railroaders; you can see photos of the upper level on my layout at http://cprailmmsub.blogspot.com/2010/02/layout-height-or-remember-when-you-were.html

John Longhurst, Winnipeg
 
John, you have a fantastic looking layout!! It looks like I have about the same height on my two decks as yours. I love it!
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top