Layout for son and dad

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


So I started making the tunnel for the layout...early days!
 

Attachments

  • Tunnel 1.jpg
    Tunnel 1.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 344
  • Tunnel 2.jpg
    Tunnel 2.jpg
    259.3 KB · Views: 344
  • Tunnel 3.jpg
    Tunnel 3.jpg
    337.1 KB · Views: 342


A little more progress today.
 

Attachments

  • CEB76101-4EB1-41C8-B7EA-3D6AD7651582.jpeg
    CEB76101-4EB1-41C8-B7EA-3D6AD7651582.jpeg
    242.9 KB · Views: 332
Thanks. I haven’t done much in the layout until recently. I have operated trains and put together a mantua 2-8-2 from scratch.

Here is my 1st attempt at painting rock. A little too brown. I want to go more grey. I think it turned out well though. This is just painted styrofoam. I am going to use hydrocal for the rocks for durability.

10B09CC2-DBA8-41F4-B653-733930BC369C.jpeg
78B6916C-0BEF-4FAA-8CED-82262A38C965.jpeg
 
Last edited:


So here is my initial attempt at making a tunnel portal. It is glued together and I still need to add some joint compound and paint it.

I am following MarklinOfSweden’s technique. 0BE05278-148B-40AF-92F1-7AD41E56FC72.jpeg

Sorry for the rotated photo.

I’ll see how it turns out before making the second one. I will post updated photos when I finish it.
 
Well as it turns out, I do not have the skills of Martin on my first attempt. In my opinion, my finished portal isn’t what I am looking for.

I will try again!

052BCA54-56D2-48CD-A57E-9ECFCE1A7D24.jpeg
 
A little prototype inspiration for you!
(not my photo)
 

Attachments

  • 20181031_165141.jpg
    20181031_165141.jpg
    500.9 KB · Views: 339
So I finished the sculptamold on the mountain. I think it came out pretty well. I just need to finish the two portals and it will be ready for painting. I am pretty happy with how it turned out.

Mountain 1.jpgMountain 2.jpgMountain 3.jpg
 






Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top