ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
There is no White Rock on the WI&M. I copied this puzzle from Dave Goodson's Colorado Consolidated Railway. To shunt the cars into the right spot takes an agile mind.
Leaving the Wye and entering White Rock
The world's best brakeman.
Gysgt John Basilone, aka "Gunny." My partner in crime.
White Rock
The buildings will be placed once the wind dies down.
wow, i want to build one. that is really sweet, very cool long straights. A video would be even better. I have some ideas for the back yard, but nothing solid yet......great pics!
Really nice! How many scale miles do you get on a set of batteries? Are the batteries a standard type or are they made differently for different locos?
Really nice! How many scale miles do you get on a set of batteries? Are the batteries a standard type or are they made differently for different locos?
Bob, I've never considered how many miles I can get on a charge, but I wear out before the batteries do. If just running on the loop, I can get 2.5 to 3 hours with that consist at a prototypical scale 25-35 mph. I do that while gardening. If I am switching freight, ... well, like I said, I wear out before the batteries do. I suspect that they might last 4.5 hours or more, with the understanding that a lot of that time is with the locomotive stopped while I couple, uncouple, throw the points, and so on.
The batteries are Sub-C NiMH, 18.6 volts at 3300 mA. Pretty standard. I use Aristocraft's 27 mHz Train Engineer in a trail car for the radio control in that particular consist. That is ancient technology. but it still works. Other locomotives use mostly Airwire stuff.
That is just so cool to have the room to do that.
Luv every aspect of your living space, RR, and garden.
Be sure and give your conductor a hug from me!
WOW!!! great layout. Where ar you located? I am in Colfax, Wa. Scenery looks a lot like it is around here...Great pics...I am in the planning stages for the WI&M in HO scale. I was raised in Palouse & Potlatch, where we plan on retireing to.....breezy8