Kia ORa from New Zealand.. aircraft modeller checking in

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


bikingmike

New Member
Hi there peeps

Just joined up the other day after perusing the forums here.

I'm actually mainly a scale aircraft modeller but I am enjoying faffing around with trains for a change.

I have a ubquitous 4x8 residing in the garage that isin progress; the track plan is based in the Black River Junction featured in MRR a while back. I've made a few small changes to the plan just to be a bit diffrerent.

The "era" is kind 60's till whenever, I'm not too fussy about things like that at the moment - if I want to be fussy I'll build an aircraft! :D

After looking through here, I can see that you could teach me a thing or to about weathering, and IO look forward to learning! Some of the effects are magnificent.

Anyways, that's about enough about me... I don't have any pics of the layout to post but I shal see if I can find some of the equipment...

Cheers

Mike A


lib_23.jpg


FIN_S3-002b.jpg


cat_98-2.jpg


onto the train stuff...

Atlas lumber yard in (slow) progress

DSCF5337.jpg


first loco... and old Athearn GP35, repainted in freelanced road colours. It's since been repainted in UP colours.

DSCF5334.jpg
 
Hey Mike...Welcome to the forum..!! Those are some beautiful models....
I too like to dabble in model aircraft. I've got an F-104 Starfighter, which I think is the most beautiful plane ever made. Unfortunatley it's been sitting in a box for several years. And keeping it company is a model of the space shuttle...One of these days I'll get around to building them....

Let's see some pics of your layout, and ask for help if you should need it...
 






Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top