Kato "KOBO" F40PH Amtrak

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


esales

Coach Cleaner
I just want some input on this Locomotive that I plan on purchasing. What do you all think about it?????
 
I'd jump on it if the price is right, otherwise price out the loco and sound decoder seperately and judge from there.
It's pretty much a Kato with the details added and DCC & sound added already, but you likely knew that.

I love mine.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Rico! Yeah, the price is $205 on the Kato website, but I'm gonna purchase it for about $180.
 


It's a better idea to buy it without sound and then install a Soundtraxx tsuanami. Then, set the tsunami onto manual notching, notch it all the way up to notch 8, then run it around.

The digitrax sound may disappoint, especially since you work with the real things :D
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top