Just some of the stuff I've aquired

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Future

New Member
Nothing is set up as a layout yet, but that will come with time.

Oh and yes, the cat loves to play with the trains as you can see.
 
Well it looks to me, like you,ve more than enough rolling stock to run a fair sized railroad already, do you have any passenger cars yet ?

Ronzzr11
 


Yes, I started that collection about a month ago. I have roughly 15 passenger cars for an Amtrak line, UP line, and the D&RG line, and 4 Long Island cars w/o trucks.
 
I like the black MRC dash 9, those and the SD70M-2,s are my favourite diesels.
I,ve built up my railroad from eBay auctions too,all that I,ve bought from local hobby stores, is track and a few small bits and pieces.

Ronzzr11
 
I don't mind ebay stuff as long as it shows up. Very rarely has something not shown up or shown up in pieces. The only issue in my case with stores is the nearest hobby store that sells nice stuff is 40 minutes away. (The only one I know of anyway. If anyone else is in my section of Florida, I'm willing to check out the places.)

The Dash I got from an auction that was a lot of brass track. Either the person just threw it in the box of tracks, or forgot it was there. Either way I mailed him when I received the stuff and he never responded.
 
Deerfield Beach. I'm close to the Train Museum. After 27 years in Florida I never knew there was a museum blocks away from me, so I'm going to plan a trip there in the next few weeks.
 
Nice collection you got going there. I don't think you'll need much else to get started except to decide if you want to convert all those horn-hook couplers to Kadee knuckle couplers. That's a real nice Hallmark brass SD24 you've got.
 
Being I finally played with the kadee couplers, I'm thinking I do want to change them all over. The question I have though about that is what's with the different numbers? (Like #21, #5, #321, etc...)


I also received another ebay find yesterday. Mantua(?) 4-6-2. I'm not too sure if it is Mantua or not, I'll need to research it because the engine is roughly 2lbs. and not plastic.
 
Last edited by a moderator:


The different numbers on the Kadee couplers, are so you can fit the right type to whatever rolling stock you have.There,s a conversion list on the Kadee website, that tells you which coupler you,ll need.

Ronzzr11
 
The different numbers on the Kadee couplers, are so you can fit the right type to whatever rolling stock you have.There,s a conversion list on the Kadee website, that tells you which coupler you,ll need.

Ronzzr11

Cool, Thanks I'll check that out now:)
 
I'm thinking of doing a layout at my job. We have a full length loft we use as a storage attic. Roughly 2000sq. ft. of space.

We are directly on the tracks (CSX or SEC one of them) and the work dog always barks at the train, so I figured this could be really interesting..ha ha

This drove him nuts for a week...
 
Last edited by a moderator:




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top