just finished!

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


jfb

Member
well I just finished with my layout guys and I know I have not posted for a while. I am just telling those who have not finished yet a few things for easier finishing technics. 1. plan .2. go to train swap meets for cost control. 3 persistence and discipline and just stay on it. 4, near the end head for the finish line it works I was doing 1 to 3 hrs a day since September 2016 plus 4 or more average on my days off/it pays off when you see the silver lining. 5 6 wiring label under the points and mid point and close to the end points and try to keep it uniform. 6 wiring again use plastic wire ties and keep your groups together switches power points etc and keep extra slack for movement. I also used some wire looms and use something outside the box to finish I used a gutter extension black of course and cut it then clamped I back together 3 to 4 wire looms or more at 2 inches a piece dictated this direction and it looks good and a uniform color. my scenery was done at the same time beforehand so it has very little left maybe a few shrubs to cover some wires and of course upkeep. I also scratch built my l lines and used paint to get the correct look on the right shaped locomotives. I was also reading in the past about not to use staples and this has proven to be false as my circuits which are wired uniformly have proven to work just be careful in this area I used staples over the wire looms carefully. good luck guys from now on it is enjoyment as the order of the day plus upkeep and maybe small improvements. There is 1 thing though I have to get used to and that is a massive roll away control board and with swap meet hunting and time a lot of saved money to boot. Good luck guys.
 
A model railroad IS NEVER FINISHED!
Do you have litter on the sides of the roads?
Wires on the telephone poles?
Interiors in all your structures?
Bird poop on the statues?
Birds on the wires on those telephone poles?
oil stains in the parking lots?
Animals in your woods and forests?

See you're NOT DONE!
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top