Just an Important Note

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Larry

Long Winded Old Fart
This needs to be presented for the guys like you & I that Buy & Sell on this Forum.
When you sell something to a person you need to keep them up to date when the item has been sent & ask them to notify you when they receive the item. If a person emails or PM's you w/a question about their item, Please answer them ASAP. This keeps everyone happy. They don't lose faith in you or the next guy that is trying to sell something.
Be that person that you are. make the customer beleive in you. We don't need enemies on this family Forum.
This is just an Idea that came to me because I use to be in Sales here in South Florida & I treated all of my customers like I wanted to be treated.:D:)
 
True in any sort of a transaction. Just reflect on the posts here in the past where a purchase was made and no items or contact followed. I am referring to problems elsewhere and not with members of this forum. I've purchased from several members here with no problems on either side. I've also sold a few things and have been involved in swapping back and forth with zero problems. We have a great group here.
 


There's a few guys on here that have complained to me that they contact members & never get any response after they get their money, because they know I have never had any problems w/anyone on this forum.
Also, when I am selling an item I don't mind talking about price to him or her, but don't leave me hanging for 2 or 3 days wondering if you still want the item. That's not very considerate on either person. So far in the past year I can't say anyone has done me that way. It had happened many times before that. I'm not complaining for me, just to other members. I've been on this forum for quite awhile & can honestly say in these years I've sold stuff I only lost money twice & neither one of those guys are on this forum anymore.
I have sold items in the past & the person never sends the money to my PayPal acct. after I have packed it up for shipment & then in about a week they email me & say they have changed their mind. Bad Judgement on their part if I lived close by. LOL
 
I'll have to thoroughly agree, that anyone selling of buying needs to keep the other person they are dealing with informed. Assumption of payment sent and deposited or receipt of the item/s being sent & accepted by the purchaser is very weak at best if only assumed, and open line of communication is vital.

I've had a problem with one individual on ebay not sending the item I bid on and 'won' and then had to spend time to, get my money back from PP.
I've also had a bad experience with an individual here on the forum some years back where he wanted a specific item which I had available for him and he said he wanted it so I ordered it for him and informed him when I received it and then he expected me to send the items to him without his paying for them! I grant you that most individuals are honest but it's very bad business practice to send anything to anyone without payment preceding it. Also, tell me what other shop sells product that way? No One! That's why all online stores have a checkout and money has to be received first in one form or another. Per my method there's no middle man to up the cost so I can offer the items to everyone a lot more reasonably priced.

But getting back to topic, sorry Larry, an Open and Honest line of communication is definitely need on both individuals part. Assumption will always cause problems.





As many of you know I've been trying to offer a variety of RR items to the forum members at considerably reduced rates
and even came up with a very secure way to pay for any product ordered through me. This is done by sending payment from your bank to mine, I have the account set-up to make the deposit into and that kind of transaction can't be denied the money was sent or received. Then I would place the order for the items ordered and have them shipped to you and of course they would have to be signed for by the purchaser upon receipt.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I suggest you use escrow for any type of transactions on the Internet where you make a private deal without really knowing the other person all that well.

Paypal is what a lot of people use, but you can get easily scammed even with paypal.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top