JMRI software

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


If you're talking about copying the sound files from one loco to the other, I doubt it. JMRI's Sound Pro module isn't designed to copy sound files and move to another loco. While you can do minimal Loksound programming in JMRI, Loksound does make their own programmer for doing things like this, but from what I understand, it's not cheap.
 


When it comes to programming locos, JMRI is a GUI for CV entry, nothing more. It can't do anything that you couldn't already do by calculating bits and manually entering CVs. The only time it would let you change the sounds on a loco is if the decoder has that feature built-in, for example most Tsunami decoders have two or more horns/whistles to choose from.
 
If your thinking the Loksound has differrent engine sounds, their Titans are designed for mutliple locomotives, thats on purpose, it should be a cv change, if you can change any CVs thru JMRI, the the answer should be yes.
 
loksound has a programmer (and software), if your into some sound customizing its a must do. Some sounds are available for free download, but some are not designed for the titan, but the older decoders. The titans are much deeper in CV selectability for engines and horns (whistles).
 
I had a lot of fiddlesticks getting JMRI setup, my first PR3 broke, got a new one, setting it up I used an offbeat extension cable I think I fried something, dunno, sent in digirax replaced it, I bought 2 backups. If one dies I wont be months out of one jabbering with Digitrax trying to replace.

JMRI is awesome, I have it, it took some learning curves but once figgerred out it will do good.
I have target signals working for a yard ladder module, getting ready to install detectors, lighting, get this module the workout.

The com port setup for me if it failed I deleted it, it advanced the port number, I ended up at 14 now. The port is virtual using the USB. If you boot the computer and JMRI complains it cant find the port, pop USB connector out for a second, then replace it, then reopen JMRI. Be sure your DCC system is powered first before computer booting.(I use digitrax super chief)
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top