I know very little about JMRI other than what I've read on their website. http://jmri.sourceforge.net/ My intent in getting my feet wet was to use it to program decoders. My Zephyr is kind of a pain I've found. I'm more of a visual learner and if it's on the screen...that'd be VERY cool. So I downloaded JMRI on my Macbook. When i click on the DecoderPro icon, it acts like it's opening and nothing happens. It seems I have all of the requirements (java etc. ) to run it so I'm not sure what's going on (I'll look into it).
It all seems SO complicated that I need an idiots guide. Seems like it would be simple....download program on computer, connect Zephyr to computer, connect loco to Zephyr and program!
Ah...if life could be as simple. Is there a good source for beginners?
It all seems SO complicated that I need an idiots guide. Seems like it would be simple....download program on computer, connect Zephyr to computer, connect loco to Zephyr and program!
