Jerome's Switcher Roster

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Another new addition to the collection. The Katy lives on!!! ;)

001.jpg
 


Nice Jerome!:)

Got anything planned for the critter yet? I still have 4 GP's and an Alco ahead of it in the erecting shops!
 
How about FRANKENSWITCHER?

375346_10151108082155637_222359370636_22303868_1353732644_n.jpg


This is NS's experiment in replacing the 12-645 with a 12-710. The stuff on the roof is for additional cooling. The experiment was put on halt, and this thing left the shop and was put back in service with its original prime mover and no logos on the weird looking hood.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Eric,

that is a bit of a monster, isn't it? Looks like it was an MP-15DC once.

Jerome,

maybe I ask for a bit of help in identifying detail parts? What sort of horn and air conditioner does Rssx 7 have? Which detail parts are suitable? Also, which handrail type is that?

I think I've almost got everyting now. Just need handrails, AC, horns, marker light covers and roof vent. Oh, and decals.

Thanks, Paul
 
Paul, the a/c unit is this

-Details West AH-158 vapor type.

As for the horn, your going to have to custom make that one. I'd start with this one

-Details West AH-254. Trim off the mounting pin, make a new baet from brass stock with an L shaped bend in it and mount it to the front of the cab.
 
How about FRANKENSWITCHER?

375346_10151108082155637_222359370636_22303868_1353732644_n.jpg


This is NS's experiment in replacing the 12-645 with a 12-710. The stuff on the roof is for additional cooling. The experiment was put on halt, and this thing left the shop and was put back in service with its original prime mover and no logos on the weird looking hood.

a spitting image of the UP SW10.... with a few little extras.....
 


Ditto from me!
too bad that package won't make it for today, oh well it'll be a surprise when it gets there...
 
I received these two babies from the master himself today :)
0014-2.jpg


0022-2.jpg

I'll be attaching them to the frames tomorrow then off for a spin on my module next week!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
A&P1207a.JPG


Hey Jerome!

Guess what!
ESU LokSound has just released the sound package for a 12 cylinder EMD 645E (non-turbo), Im getting one ordered Monday in a tiny Aux4 decoder. Once I get it installed, I'll give you a video clip that should make ya drool!! (Rico too!):D:D:D
 


Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top