Jerome's Switcher Roster

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
C415 Update

Well the drive is finished and unit runs excellent. Now back to Jerome for paint and weathering then back to me for DCC and Lights.

DSC06578.png


DSC06580.png


DSC06582.png


DSC06584.png
 


Yes... a SWitcher with fans :D

Nice work, Mark! Those are some interesting flywheels. You made them yourself, I presume?
 
Yes... a SWitcher with fans :D

Nice work, Mark! Those are some interesting flywheels. You made them yourself, I presume?

Yes I had to make them as I didn't want to remove anymore of the flimsy frame and even though they are small its better then nothing.
 


Will there be an weight added to the engine? The frame is plastic, right?

Once I install DCC and Lighting I will add what I can to the inside of the shell. I have some Lead sheat that I can cut up and glue inside. The motor sits on a lead pad so there is a little weight.
 
Well I started this thread 1 year, 4 1/2 months ago, time for an update. I needed to take everything down to clean them and the shelves, so good excuse to get a roster shot. These are completed models, maybe 40% powered, 60% dummy. These are what I consider switchers in the true sense of the word. To make it easier to count, there are 20 units per row. That's 130 units!!!! I have quite a few up at Mark's being worked on also. Then there is the ones in the drawers in various stages of building. Call that another 50 or so. ;)

101_0706.jpg
 
Well I got another one in the mail today. A NIB BN P2K SW8/900/600 for $20. I don't know why they would list is as being a 900, they all had 2 exhaust stacks. I'll settle for an SW6 or SW8. Not sure if it'll survive in BN colors either. Have to see what paint schemes they had for them. I will say, it is a very detailed little critter. Even comes with sunshades, all weather windows, spark arrestor and MU stands.

101_0720.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top