It won't stop!

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


After having many happy hours using MRC sound decoders, I have suddenly found myself up to the top of my wading boots in alligators. I had 3 (!) die on me this week. An N scale one in an AC4400, and 2 HO factory-equipped ones in HO Athearn units. One of the HO ones will not hold its memory, and as soon as you remove power from the track it forgets what it is, and has to be reprogrammed. The other HO decoder is exhibiting the same symptoms as John's 2-8-4, and the N scale one will not run forward, only reverse.
If all 3 were not still under warranty, I'd probably replace them with Tsunami decoders, and still might after I get them back.
I also decided if and when I increase the size of my fleet of sound-equipped engines, they will be factory installed units, not aftermarket. And they will not be MRC units.
MRC has "thrown me under the bus" with a fellow forum member, and while he may forgive me, it will take a very long time before I forget MRC.
 
Last edited by a moderator:




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top