Is This Within My Capabilities

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Really depends on your skills and the available parts to make this model run great.
I have an old model of a C630 by Ajin. It sounds like a coffee grinder running down the tracks and draws over an amp when running. I've been through that thing several times over the years and just can't get it to run any better. It's a cabinet queen now and the primary reason I don't buy brass locos.


I can only dream that someone would make a Alco C855 in our modern day production of locomotive models that is not brass. I have Bowser C630s and love it! Got #2905 and #2909.
 
It is nice quality compared to my Bachmann engine but will need more work. I have the feeling that the bids will rise significantly in the last minute.
Probably, but HO is not that big here, but it's likely to double the initial asking price, if it was brass then that's another story.

The thing is you have to know North American Steam Locomotives intimately, which I don't finish this, I've no idea what's missing or what parts still need to be fitted or where to find them, there are no parts with this what you see is what you get, and obviously no instructions either.
 


That definitely qualifies in the "Monstrosity of the Century" contest😁
Definitely a beast of a loco, and perhaps not as aestheticcaly pleasing as other locomotives, but unusual enough to be noteworthy despite its short lifespan.

1725485115427.png
 
I've decided this is NOT a project I want to take on. My knowledge of North American Steam is minimal, to say the least. I do not want to take on the responsibility of finishing (or trying to) a project that has been so well loved and worked on.

Only a modeller with a similar passion for this locomotive as the original owner obviously had, could do it justice.

Thanks to everyone for all your comments, it has, as always, been a pleasure.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top