Introduction.

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


BDM

New Member
Hello all! My name is Matt, and I joined the forum because I'm just getting back into the hobby... My dad has been a model railroad enthusiast for years, but I had gotten out of it after moving away from home. I'm now older (32) and have two boys of my own who love grandpas trains... So, looks like its time for me to get back into the hobby... Times have certainly changed! Anyway, glad to have found it and hope to make lots of new friends! Thanks!
 
Welcome Matt.... My kids enjoy mrr's also. They loose interest occasionally to go do other things like sports and other fads like ipods and such but just keep the ball rolling. They like to come back to help and check on my/their project. Let us know things progress. aj
 
Yeah, I did the same thing as a boy and young man... lost interest, then went back to it, then lost interest again, etc....

But, last time I was at my Dad's with my boys, we spent 3 hours in the attic working on the trains, and it seemed like we were only up there 5 minutes.

That got the fire re-lit.... now I'm waiting on parts to show up, and me to get the benches built, and we'll start on our little 4 x 10 layout... :)
 


Welcome, Matt. It's like Herpes...once you contract it, it's always under your skin. The gift that keeps on giving. :D
 
Ha! I think that's the first time I've heard a hobby compared to a STD..... however accurate the comparison might be... :)
 
Welcome to the forums, Matt. This is a great place for model railroading with a great bunch of people. Lots of talented people hang out here.

I have just got back to the hobby after an absence of 23 years. I was planning on starting my new layout this fall, but the room that I was to get "possession" of will not be available until about this time next year. Oh well, that gives me more time to plan and aquire even more stuff.

Selector, I have to agree with Matt. I've heard a lot of varied ways to describe this great hobby, but never that way!!!:p
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top