ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
http://www.internetmodelrailroad.com/
Check it out - I think it is the only one currently operating. The layout is crude and is mostly used to test the software - but it will be replaced soon. If anybody is interested I will build you a control system. It runs two DCC locomotives (tested with ATLAS units) and a combination of 8 relay driven devices - turnouts, building lights and etc. More info on the site.
Thanks for reading!
Before you invest a lot of time and effort in marketing perhaps you should know that this ability is already available from a product that has been on the market for many years.
That's all good & well -- but how about the reasoning behind the need for this product. What purpose does it serve to the average modeler that remains unfulfilled without it? Why is it any better than a virtual railroad that exists only in simulation software? Who re-rails the inevitable problems?
It's pretty cool. I think there are some bugs to work out (not programming bugs necessarily). Like, I can't see the siding well enough to go in and pick up the cars. And for the most part, I can't see the train running. A map of the layout would help with this. Or one camera with a bird's eye view would resolve a lot.
I see the novelty in it. And why do it? Because why not? I agree with that.
There will always be critics. If it doesn't make sense to them, then ignore them.
I think you are trusting the entire public to be responsible operators.
If you use the WiThrottle software to control your DCC layout, you can open it to control from the internet. A few cameras, and everyone can wreck your super detailed models!
Just got back from a road trip. I am not really that concerned about marketing, I just did it for grins, but would be willing to build them if it proved popular. I get the part about people wrecking it and I have a toggle switch that lets me turn off the turnout power if accidents become a problem. That way the locomotives are confined to their respective loops and can't run into each other.
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)