InterMountain service

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


MikeGTW

Signalman, ESQ
Just picked up two InterMountain F3s with Grand Trunk Western logos they run very nice One of them was missing the bumper/step on the front pilot contacted InterMountain and Richard sent me a new complete pilot first class mail no charge Very good service in my opinion :):)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
The folks at Intermountain are always helpful and usually will respond to a customer's concern or need for help quickly.
I can't say I've had that experience with every manufacturer. Richard Frazier is a real asset to the IMRC team and Frank is about as cordial as enyone you'd ever want to meet in the hobby.
 


I wanted two F7 B units in SP Black widow colors -- without sound or DCC -- several years ago. Intermountain swapped stuff around to make what I needed since they only had 2 left. It was through the Whistle Stop in Pasadena. That was good service.

Just now I'm putting DCC and sound in those 2 units now that I've switched over. I can now say that these are the easiest to get the shell off and work on too. Great design and build quality.
 
About 6 (or more) weeks ago, I ordered 60 Intermountain N scale reefer jewel cases with inserts (I have a LOT of kits to build). I knew they were backordered, but I told Intermountain to ship 'em when they were in stock. Well, they arrived about 10 days ago (free shipping! Woo hoo!), but they sent me 70, not 60. I called them and said I wanted to pay for the extra ten boxes, but they said no, it was their mistake so keep 'em. That was pretty nice of them.

Right now, I have about 90 unbuilt kits of theirs that I'm slowly putting together. With luck, I should finish by the end of the year:).


Hmm... what year...?
o2.gif
 
I had broken the handrail's on my IM ES44DC in NS paint, which were black. I emailed them asking how to go about ordering a set of CP ones in red. I specifically said i will pay, was not asking for any freebies. Low and behold about a month later i got a box with the handrails. A few weeks later i broke the front handrails wtih ditch lights, I again called asking about purchasing the CP ones, they just asked for address and 2 weeks later i get a box with the parts. I then loose the numberboards on the cab roof, I explain to them what i need the say ok. I got the parts I needed, but only the white illuminating piece, not housing. After sending a pic and showing that I had painted the shell they sent me a a set from a CP unit. A few weeks later, LOL, I brake the other front hand stanchions and call. They were like, "have you ordered from us in the past?" I just laughed, i tell them what I want and then 2 weeks later get the box. Model is now complete.

Not once did I hint that I wanted parts for nothing, I offered my credit card number everytime but they declined and just shipped the parts. Top notch company if you ask me.
 
Someone broke the side handrail of one of my Intermountain GEVOs at the club as well as the front MU hose.

Called Intermountain and they had the parts to me within 2 months (they were out of parts but sent me some from the next run). Turns out they sent me the wrong side handrail. I called them again, and they had the correct handrail sent to me in 2 weeks! :D

Top notch service if you ask me!
 
i cringe to think how athearn is going to be when I call and try to get a replacement dynamic brake grill from the sd70ace/m-2. It came off after I went to reglue it back on.
 
Actually I had a MRC sound decoder die on a 2 year old Athearn F7 Genesis and they promptly fixed and returned it. I have to give them credit due as well. They said it make "take awhile" (sounded like maybe months) but it came back in only about 2-weeks.
 


Well I guess all this positive feed back will make there products worth the extra price tag...may as well get a few of the ES44s i been eyeing hehe...
 
Got to 2nd Eric's comments...

One of my ES44ACs had a broken set of rear handrails on delivery. On another ES44AC I broke the one of the handrails modifying the pcbs to make the ditch lights brighter.

Called IM, a real live person, Jodie, answered and put me on the list for their backordered handrails with an apology. About a month went by and I thought they had forgotten. Then I got an email from an IM rep saying to expect them within a couple days. They arrived and I was happy. :)

Meanwhile, I cant get MTH to answer an email or the phone for some handrails they lost during warranty work they performed. :mad:

Very impressed with Intermountain, both their products and their service.:):):)
 
I won an Intermountain Railway reefer as a door prize at the Springfield, IL Train Fair back in March. This was the first experience I had with any of their products. I was VERY impressed with the quality and have since made it a point to purchase wanted rolling stock from them whenever they offer what I'm looking for. So far, everything has been absolutely first rate in all respects. I will continue to buy more from them and am waiting for an opportunity to get one or more locos from them.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top