Intermountain ES44AC Fantasy locomotives

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


I ordered:
UP 1996 SP Heritage with sound.
And
Norfolk & Western (J Class Scheme) #6044 with sound
(to go behind my J Class #604)
Also
Southern Pacific #4449ES (Freedom Daylight Scheme)

I will also take Cemex #81 (not fantasy, but I cant afford the Overland versions!!)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered:
UP 1996 SP Heritage with sound.
And
Norfolk & Western (J Class Scheme) #6044 with sound
(to go behind my J Class #604)

I will also take Cemex #81 (not fantasy, but I cant afford the Overland versions!!)

Awesome! Ya I have one of the UP ES44AC w/sound right now, and it's darn nice!
 


Awesome! Ya I have one of the UP ES44AC w/sound right now, and it's darn nice!

Yeah, I missed the boat on them as It has been a crazy year at work and I had a move.
I still have a shot at the DC versions since they have been delayed, but I really wanted some Ferromex and UP versions.

I would love some fantasy trains to hit the market, but I guess that is why they make undecorated units.
 
This shows how the market in mass produced locomotives has changed!

Used to, a company would produce a locomotive, and then put just about every road name in the book on it, never mind if the road had it or not. Even if the road had it, unless you had an actual all time roster of the road, you couldn't be sure if the number was even right.

Now the manufacturers are coming out more and more with locomotives that not only are correctly painted and numbered for the road, but the specific details for that road are on the locomotive.

This refers really just to the diesel market. While some steamers are made for specific roads, with proper details etc, most are still given "generic" details and lettered in several different roads.
 
i just wish companies didn't do such small runs of stuff. it becomes impossible to find things months after they were released.

But those ACL ones I kinda like in the purple. But monies tight and I still have to pay for the Athearn Katy Ace when it arrives.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top