I'm feeling old ...

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


congrats Tony. Eight grandkids and two greats. Boy I am getting old. The nice thing is you can spoil them and the send them home for the parents to deal with.
 
Thanks every one and it seems the theme is consistent - "payback!" :)

Age is relative and yep, you are as "old as you choose to be". I have had a very active life and still do - no really, I do! I just never saw myself as a Grand Dad, never thought I'd ever be in a position to be one. I have to admit, now the initial "shock" has worn off, I am kinda looking forward to the first time I get called Grandpa or Granddad or whatever the word will be then :)
 
Congratulations Tony!

You are going to be a member of the best club in the world. There is nothing better then being a grand parent. My grandsons help to keep me active and sharing their enthusiasm for life keeps me young at heart. I have suffered some very serous health set backs and my grandsons have been the best medicine.
For the record DNA has nothing to do with it, love is all that matters.
 


G'day Tony. Congratulations....I'm going to be a great uncle in a couple of months....when my niece Katie has her first...I'm not joking ....it seems just like yesterday that Katie was born but now she's 20....Tell you what though...if you're going to be a Grandad...think of the fringe benefits...you'll be allowed to be a grumpy , moody , crotchety , cantankerous old bugger if the mood takes you now...and even better you'll be able to spoil your new grandchild rotten ,also without fear or favour...there's a lot to be said for being a grandparent...You have a HUGE responsibility too..at a very early age boy or girl , grandpa MUST introduce the young un' to model trains..It's expected....My sister , Anne and her husband , also named Tony...are in the same boat as you.just a bit sooner is all.....Great stuff....Cheers Rod...
 
Congrates Tony! My wife keeps telling me to get her some grand kids. I tell her hey that's our boys' department. We're not old Tony, we're 'Vintage'
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top