I want to build a power transformer

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


railBuilderDhd

Active Member
I'm going to fill a little area left on my module with a power transformer as it will work ask since the module is an urban commercial district. I wanted to know if anyone has any tips or ides to scratch build a transformer or is there a kit I should just get for this.

Thanks for any thoughts.
Dave
 


Do you want to build a single transformer, like the one in the second and third links, or a substation, like the one in the first link? A transformer by itself doesnt to anything, so it needs some additional equipment, even for a single transformer substation. I suspect the small substation at http://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/933-3025 is really what you want.
 
Jim,
You are right on with what I want to do but I'm not sure if that entire kit will fit in the space. I'll have to use just what fits.

Dave
 
heres a pic of one that i saw at a train show in bluefield for inspiration .gonna try this someday:) just got to modify abit looks to crowded up for my tastes
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top