I may be reaching but anyone remember an Athearn book

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


wagonmaster

New Member
OK, when I worked at the hobby shop 13+ years ago we had a book that was about detailing and etc Athearn engines. I have looked but I have come up empty. It covered better performance little things that can help Athearns run better. IIRC it was a yellow maybe pale yellow in color. paper back. Has anyone heard of /or have this book and know where I can get a copy. I covered some neat stuff.

Tim
 
I think I have a copy around somewhere, I'll take a look later this evening.

Have you ever done a search on Ebay?
 
OK, when I worked at the hobby shop 13+ years ago we had a book that was about detailing and etc Athearn engines. I have looked but I have come up empty. It covered better performance little things that can help Athearns run better. IIRC it was a yellow maybe pale yellow in color. paper back. Has anyone heard of /or have this book and know where I can get a copy. I covered some neat stuff.

Tim
http://www.traintekllc.com/A-Line-12051-Tuning-Your-Athearn-Locomotive-Book/productinfo/ALN-12051/
 


Uh, I think I'd rather pay $7.95 at Traintek rather than $175 (you've got to be kidding) on Amazon. Most sellers in the $300 range and then the killer $532. According to these prices I must have at least a half mil in my cupboard. Aah, capitalism at its finest.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I think Arnies here in so cal has a Athearn published detailing your engine magazine book.. Ill look when i stop off there fri and take a picture of it if you really want it.
 
I think Arnies here in so cal has a Athearn published detailing your engine magazine book.. Ill look when i stop off there fri and take a picture of it if you really want it.
If you do, tell Greg, Matt, Dave, and Rocky I said hi.
 
OK, when I worked at the hobby shop 13+ years ago we had a book that was about detailing and etc Athearn engines. I have looked but I have come up empty. It covered better performance little things that can help Athearns run better. IIRC it was a yellow maybe pale yellow in color. paper back. Has anyone heard of /or have this book and know where I can get a copy. I covered some neat stuff.
Yes, I know that book. One of my friends, wrote one of the detailing articles contained there in. I'll ask and see if he has an extra copy laying around.
 
Last edited by a moderator:




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top