ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
I just bought an HO Broadway Limited SD40-2 C&NW on ebay for $66.56. Does that sound like a good price? It doesn't have sound but it is still in it's original sealed bag. The listing said DCC but #369 is listed as "powered, no sound" so he's confused or lying.
In the picture the engine is laying in the foam insert and the engine appears to be in a sealed bag. He says in the auction that he didn't want to "open" the bag to take pictures.
If it has DCC it has sound... If it's Paragon.. Buy it! I'm darn sure it has sound but ask for a video or something and say it wouldn't worsen how much it's worth by taking it out. Unless he breaks something.
Well I own it now regardless. We'll see what it is when I get it. Broadway Limited listed #369 as being DC w/o sound but we'll see. It's in traditional yellow and I would much rather have zito yellow. I'll probably put a sound decoder in it anyway.