i have a GP35 Addiction

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


I'm a "40" nut.

I model Pan Am Railways and Norfolk Southern, so I my unofficial roster of "40s" is:

~10 SD40-2s
~10 GP40s
a GP40-2
an SD40
a Dash 8-40C
a Dash 8-40CW
a Dash 9-40CW

and counting.... :D

Only exceptions are the GG1, Amtrak equipment, the two gensets, the SD45-2, and the two GP60s. The GG1 is on the roster for the fact that I wanted a GG1 and just had to have one. The Amtrak is so that I can run passenger when I feel like it, the gensets are cool, and the SD45-2 was cheap so I picked it up :D

I also have a bunch of NS SD50s that I need to get rid of, but if no one will buy them (I'm selling them for $50 each, that is more than reasonable!) then I'll send them to Josh Baako for rebuild into SD40Es, so that I may have MORE 40s :D
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Mmm, another 35 nut! They were thicker than fleas on the Santa Fe line through my town when I was growing up.

I've got 4 myself, including a gem of a Southern Tier Modelworks unit that I found on fleabay for $30... the seller must not have known what they had.
 
Well, I'm up to 6 GP35 (5 MRL:1 ATSF) and two SD35(MRL). Not sure just yet if that is a total for me or not.

909-6.jpg
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top