HOYARDSALES a Joke!!!!

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Just an observation here, but it seems like the poster(s) who have problems with HOyard sale have a bit of trouble will spelling and grammar, moreso than most. This isn't a spelling nazi thing, or a condescending thing, but any time you send money over the internet in order to receive merchandise in return, you want to know EXACTLY, what you're buying.

Not accusing anyone of misrepresentation, but I would avoid buying something if the description is confusing to me. If there are just isolated spelling are grammar issues, who cares, but if the description is written in a way that I am not EXACTLY sure of what the item is, or if it too broad of a description, I would not buy it, or would be upset if it was something other than what I thought the description said it was.

In some of the posts to this thread, I'm not sure what the writer is trying to say, EXACTLY. That's okay for a discussion forum, but its not okay for me when it comes to spending my money on something.

Perhaps the host of the website is just trying to avoid such complications before they happen. Probably through past experiences with buyers and sellers.
 
I recently joined HOYARDSALES and since then I have send 3 posts to be the administrator to be posted for stuff I was looking for. I have gotten 3 emails back from the administrator telling me stuff was wrong. The first post was right cause I posted N scale stuff for sale.

Eric

The problem with your #1 post is that it was N scale. That's why it's called HO-YARD-SALES. I had a reason to email the moderator the other day and his response was fast and accurate. I have had no problems with the site. Now Hoswap is another question. I have had a problem with every purchase. E-bay has been great as well.
 
The problem with your #1 post is that it was N scale. That's why it's called HO-YARD-SALES. I had a reason to email the moderator the other day and his response was fast and accurate. I have had no problems with the site. Now Hoswap is another question. I have had a problem with every purchase. E-bay has been great as well.

It's actually HOYARDSALE. The OP spelled it wrong :rolleyes:
 


Ok ok ok

Come on guys I admitted to my first mistake of attempting to post one N scale item. I admitted that was my fault. The second post and continuing after that was a broad looking for post. I wanted to find either 3 or 4 bay grain hopper cars from any make. I guess the moderator didnt like this and said I had to specify the make I wanted. If I say I am looking for any brand then I am looking for any brand. All this petty crap makes me want to get out of this hobby and go back to RC Helicopters where people dont care about grammer and spelling. I am NOT an english major by any means. I am an Information Systems Engineer and I work on lan and wan computer networks and broad scale internal security networks within a corporation. That is far from an english major and I keep getting mad at the fact my spelling and grammer is the main point getting brought up everytime. I dont need to be associated with all this petty crap when I am mearly looking to buy some thing or sell something. If I sale stuff I accompany pictures upon request and if I buy I ask for pictures cause pictures speak louder than words. I just wanted to get that across. If this continues I may have an ebay yardsale with all my new locomotives and change hobbies again.
 
As I'm sure you know, there is a big difference between a new Intermountain grain hopper and a 1970's TYCO hopper that was decorated in the pretty blue and white JELL-O scheme, so I can see how the moderator would want you to be more specific. If the tyco also had its stirrups shaved off, would that also be acceptable? It seems to me that h0yArdsalE:-) is used by modeler's who tend to know differences between the manufacturers, and the moderator was likely assuming you had some minimum quality standards you were trying to maintain, and wanted to know what they were. Combine that assumption with any spelling or grammar errors that impeded the readability of your posts, and the fact that the original post was about N scale, and the moderator may have thought you were not effectively communicating what you were looking for. I would assume someone in his position is trying to head-off as many conflicts between buyers and sellers as possible and poor communication between buyers and sellers is probably where conflicts first start. Combine those assumptions with any surly attitude you may have projected in any future communication you had with him and I can kind of see his point. "Future Troublemaker" -delete.

Its all in good fun:-)
 
just an issue

I just see that site ad a pain in the butt. If you go to my old helicopter site www.runryder.com and post anything there about what you want or what you are looking for then you will get a reply from the people on the site asking more information. You dont get the moderator denying your post and going through the hassel of figuring out whats wrong with the post.
When i posted the looking for hopper post I didnt know what exactly i was looking for.I know I am looking for 3 or 4 bay non ribbed hoppers and right now i would entertain all name brands to see whats out there. Thats why I dont really care about the whole HoYardSales thing anymore cause there is still ebay and we have alot of fellow club members here that sale stuff also. I did email the moderator directly and he just decided not to email me back. Oh well there are other ways to get stuff I want at good prices.The local hobby shop gives our club a 30 to 40 percent discount on all their merchandise so I not to worried about it.

Eric
 
Eric,

A few posts back you stated that the issue with said website made you want to change hobbies. Please don't! Don't let one incident, group, or individual opinion chase you from the hobby. Learn from it and try to aviod the group, website, or individual that caused the grief. This is a hobby that includes many people and many more opinions, it is bound to happen that sooner or later you will have some kind of issue.
 
Having issues with some people in, or rather, on, a site is going to be a non -issue with me. It is a truism that you will run into someone that is giving with an attitude or whatever. Why let that person run you out of a hobby?:confused:

I have not been banhammered on a site yet. Wonder why...:rolleyes::):);)
 
you know what I tryed to get on to my hoyardsale and wouldn't you know it I was kick from the group wow! well I guess he like's to search the forums. maybe he didnt like what I thought about him. but I did get some trains off there well that sucks and he wont take my emails I guess I hit a nearve.
 
Last edited by a moderator:


When I was part of it, I ended up getting way to many emails in my inbox for people placing stuff for sale that I had no intrest in. Maybe one in 20 items peaked my intrest but my inbox ended up with like 100 emails a day and it got old REAL quick. So I left that group. If the owner of the site is deleting people just because he doesnt like what they put on some other website then boo hoo. You cant please everyone and anyone that deals with people on a day to day basis online, in person or otherwise should know that.

If he just deletes without trying to assist you with what he wants then how are you supposed to know what the problem is? I would think anyone that runs a website would be more apt to assist someone in making thier ad more suitable for the classifieds instead of just allowing him/her to become frusterated. IMO, removing people from the sight is the immature. This my way or the highway attitude that tells me they dont care anyways. This isnt a shot towards the individual(s) that run the sight, or any sight. Im not taking sides or taking any shots towards either party. Its just my opinion and observation.
 
cut my ties

I have truely not lost sleep over that site. After I emailed him directly about the issue he was such as big mature guy that he decided NOT to email me back and explain himself. Love people who ban you from a site them can't even have enough integrity to respond to an email explaining to me why this happened. Oh well there are better sites out there than that.
On your second issue. You could have went back into the edit membership tab and set the emails to a once a day update and that stops all the emaiuls you normally get in your inbox. All my other yahoo groups are set that way.

Eric
 
On your second issue. You could have went back into the edit membership tab and set the emails to a once a day update and that stops all the emaiuls you normally get in your inbox. All my other yahoo groups are set that way.

Eric

Maybe I did that then. I dont remember really. I think I may have adjusted my email settings. That was a long time ago.
 
Yes, you can opt for a daily digest (it's not really daily, they will send you one once a day or one for every 12-15 messages or so)

I keep it on individual emails so that I receive them in real time and get to snatch up some great deals.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top