HoYardSale

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


SRN

Member
Several people have suggested HoYardSale as a good place to pick up equipment. Apparently, you have to be a member of Yahoo to join. Yahoo is one company I don't trust with my personal information.

Is there a way to participate in HoYardSale without revealing all to Yahoo?

Thanks.
 
in a word, no. You have to sign up and be excepted by the moderator. Therefore you have to sign up with Yahoo. I've been on Yahoo, since the early 80's, never had any trouble with them.
 
All you have to do is make a yahoo account, it's no big deal and it's not like they ask for any info that I would consider sensitive like your SSN or CC number.
 


All you need is an account through yahoo. Once you have the account, you can have the messages from the group sent to any email address. I have used yahoo for over 10 years and have never had a problem.
 
Excatly what the guys have said above, all you need is a yahoo emaill address and to be accepted by the group and mod and your in. there is strict rules to adhere by, but as long as you do you shouldnt have any probelms. Ive built my rolling stock collection and engine collection by buying off of there, much better than ebay IMHO.
 
There's five more sites where you can buy & sell model trains:
Backshop, hoswap2, HOSWAPSHOP, HOTrainProductsForSale & Model_Railroad_Sales.
Have used all w/ good success.
 
Also HOYS is free to list & no charge if you eventually decide to sell items BUT those folks like real low prices.
 
HOYS is a great group hats off to Pat for doing a great jog. For Yahoo, I've been a member of Yahoos since before there was Google and I've never had a problem with them.
Dave
 
There's five more sites where you can buy & sell model trains:
Backshop, hoswap2, HOSWAPSHOP, HOTrainProductsForSale & Model_Railroad_Sales.
Have used all w/ good success.
You might also want to check out eBid.com (no fees) and bonanza.net. Great stores on both of those, and I've bought and sold there as well.
 
More model train sources!

There's five more sites where you can buy & sell model trains:
Backshop, hoswap2, HOSWAPSHOP, HOTrainProductsForSale & Model_Railroad_Sales.
Have used all w/ good success.
You might also want to check out eBid.com (no fees) and bonanza.net. Great stores on both of those, and I've bought and sold there as well.
 


I've used yahoo for years with no problems. I just joined the group today myself.
 
are there any more besides other 5 listed on the first page? I am trying post something on hoys and keep getting denied. I am beeing as specific as possible in what i want.
 
Yea...Patrick is guilty of being narrow minded more than once...in the meantime, don't be bashful about listing your goods for sale here....it wouldn't be the first time!
 
well i emailed him asking to explain to me what was wrong with my posting. I am not a era specific modeler. I'll take trailers from the 60's and put them on the same intermodal/tofc as EMP or JB hunt trailers. Its my train.

But whatever. I just think its silly. And my posting will be up shortly for stuff wanted.
 
well i just flipped the f out in an email to him. Told him to remove me from his BS list as it's rediculous what he wants from people just to post a listing.
 
This is the convo I had thru emails.

Him:If you are not willing to do the research to make specific requests, your posts will not go up
Me:I am a little stumped as to what you want me to do? I've gone thru walthers.com to see what you want me to research. The containers listed just have different side types, this is not a concern to me as I will take any of the ones that ar corrugated, smooth side, etc.

Him:I directed you to select what you wanted. Instead, you sent a list of three different kit manufacturers and all sizes of containers and trailers, some of which did not even function in the same era. For example, 40' trailers were out of service by the time 48' containers entered service.

See this discussion:
http://www.railroad.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=136&t=70595

As I have stated on several occasions to the membership, this sort of vague, broad post is not acceptable. You will waste the time of many potential sellers, and my responsibility is to the entire membership, not to one person. You need to research and pick out what you specifically want; I will not waste the time of the Group members with your post as curently constituted.
Me:I know 40 foot trailers didn't exist when 48's came out. I have 3 sets of older blue box impack spine kits that take the 40 footers, and I have a newer set from walthers that can use 48 footers.

As for the containers. If I said just Atlas, someone with Walthers containers might not reply. Thus thats why i had asked for all 3 makers of any model as im just looking to fill up my 4 intermodal sets with containers.

Patrick, I dont see how its a waste of time? If someone doesn't have the containers, they'll simply delete the post/email. If they have it, they'll contact me. If you want me to create 5 different messages, 1 for each item im looking for then i'll do that.


And his last message
Him:I'm not going to spend more time on this. I've told you what you need to do, and you will either do it or not. That is up to you.
Me:Seriously, im not a child. What you ask for is rediculous and going by what others say about you, it must be true. Remove me from this list as the amount of bu!!$#*t that needs to be done to post 1 simple thing is out of this world.
 


The part about "did not function in the same era" kinda pissed me off. Since when does it have to function in the same era in a HO scale world?
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top