I'm a retired Theft Investigator/Safety Director of a very large public utility (natural gas, water and electricity), now living on a small non-working farm in south central Tennessee with my wife and a menagerie of dogs and cats. I first started model railroading in the early 90's and quit soon afterward. I started back again in 2002 when I retired and quit again in 2005 when we started a series of moves that finally ended last year. However, now that I have the time and at least a small bit of money, I have the least space available.
I'm starting an On30 layout with either a southern Appalachia pulpwood logging theme, small coal mine, small industrial area or a pier-side industry with loading cranes, barges and tugs. The time frame of the layout will be mid-30's to early 50's. I do not have a schematic of the layout, yet, but it will be a shelf layout two feet deep and maybe twelve feet long. I may go with no scenery until I make a final decision on the type of layout I'll be building.
I'm sure to have more than a few questions as I go along, so you'll be hearing from me.
I'm starting an On30 layout with either a southern Appalachia pulpwood logging theme, small coal mine, small industrial area or a pier-side industry with loading cranes, barges and tugs. The time frame of the layout will be mid-30's to early 50's. I do not have a schematic of the layout, yet, but it will be a shelf layout two feet deep and maybe twelve feet long. I may go with no scenery until I make a final decision on the type of layout I'll be building.
I'm sure to have more than a few questions as I go along, so you'll be hearing from me.
