How to change horns on BLI locomotives

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Hi eveeyone, I am trying to change the horn on one of my BLI locomotives, it says it comes with 3 of them. How would I change it?

Thanks
 
RTFM guy! (Read The Freakin Manual ;) )With these locos you usually have to deal with two CV's. Select the one that controls sound effects, and tell it you want to change the horn. Then select a second that actually chooses which horn you want. These change from decoder release to decoder release, and I'm at work now and away from my manuals at home. It should be in the owner's manual that came with your model.
 


Hi.
You don't say whether it is a QSI or Paragon decoder fitted.
The paragon manual ( which can be downloaded from the BLI support website) saya that CV224 sets the horn type with vaoues 0, 1, or 2 with default value 0.
Hope this helps.
Colin.
 
You can also toggle "on the fly" a 4th horn via function 22 (I think that's the one). My HO NS SD40-2 hh Paragon2 has this ability. This function's horn doesn't sound like the three selectable ones. I actually like it best. Only bad thing is you have to toggle it on before each time you operate the loco.

Brad
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top