ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
My whole layout is 42" High. I'm 6ft. & use to be 6ft.1". My last layout was 52" & 56".
I learned that at my heighth 42" is just right. For kids it's to high, so I keep a step stool handy for visitors.
38'' is the lower and the up will be most likely 58''
I'm 5'11''
At 14 Im currently 6'1, but when i stop growing, assuming im like the rest of the men in my family, i should be between 6'6 and 6'9. Because of this, i plan on building a layout at about 35in to sit at. I dont have any ideas for a width yet.
You play basketball? If not, buy a net!
You play basketball? If not, buy a net!
I play 1 on 1, knockout and shoot around with my friends on my net at home once in awhile but other than that nope, hate basketball.
Track and Football are my things.
I'm built my benchwork so the track would start about 35". I plan to be seated most of the time when working on the railroad but when I'm standing, I want to be god like and stare down on my creation.
27" for a sitdown 4x8 HO layout.
Because the "benchwork" is simply a Lifetime Model #60040 2 foot(D) x5 foot(L) x27"(H) deck box bought on sale at Lowes. The box features pivoting air shock absorber hinges (like camper shells have).
Plywood sheet velcroes on top of dieckbox lid. With sheet in place you can still swing open the lid for storage access. The sheet slides off and stands up against the wall and hides behind a wide set of drapes when not in use. I lift it with one of those inexpensive Stanley Carry Handles for plywood.
This is not my main layout it was a trick to add yet another 4x8 outside the trainroom.
My most recent layout was 48" off the floor. However, my new one will be ~40" because, at my height of 5'10", I wouldn't be able to reach some of my background staging tracks if it was still 48" high. The furthest track is ~30" from the front. I was originally going to use step stools to reach it, but a friend of mine talked me out of it - said it's a pain always having to move one of those things around.
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)