HO scale trams/trolleys

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


I'm sorry I can't help you but I just had to make a comment about that bus going around on the road - that was pretty nifty! It looks like it's on rails but not entirely sure.
 


I'm sorry I can't help you but I just had to make a comment about that bus going around on the road - that was pretty nifty! It looks like it's on rails but not entirely sure.

Some European manufacturer produced a system for self-running vehicles. I cannot for the life of me remember who, though. I thought it was Marklin, but not finding anything.

Edit: Figures I'd find it right after I posted. It's Faller, and Walthers has their "Car System:" http://www.walthers.com/exec/search?category=&scale=H&manu=Faller&item=&keywords=Car+system&words=restrict&instock=Q&split=30&Submit=Search
 
Last edited by a moderator:
After just joining up tonight, I thought that I'd look at a topic that I've been looking at for the last few days.......trolleys.

I have been looking for a resonable price for a Brill trolley. Try this website, found it today. They didn't have what i want, but maybe something for you!
http://www.trolleyville.com/trolleyville.shtml

Don't forget to check the 'bay'.
 
You've only got a couple of choices if you want a Brill. Bachmann makes an entry level version. There is the kit from Bowser, and there is brass. if you didn't like what the Trolleyville site has, we'll rule out resin kits. Bachmann also makes a nice Peter Witt car, and then there are the new Bowser PCC cars. These are just about the best plastic trolley models in production today.

OBTW, Micro Mark has the best prices on the Birney and the Peter Witt cars.

Here's the Birney:

http://www.micromark.com/Bachmann-S...treet-Car-DCC-Equipped-Philadelphia,9871.html

Here's the peter Witt car:

http://www.micromark.com/Bachmann-S...-Car-Our-Choice-of-PaintandRoadname,9032.html

The Bowser PCC's are here:

http://www.bowser-trains.com/Trolley.htm

PS: The next run of Bowser PCC's will be available with Tsunami sound installed. A little pricey though!

All of these models are capable of overhead wire operation, some right out of the box, others with minor modifications, if you're so inclined.

You can get away with running a PCC on a modern layout. Several cities run heritage lines with restored PCC cars. Cool stuff!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
After just joining up tonight, I thought that I'd look at a topic that I've been looking at for the last few days.......trolleys.

I have been looking for a resonable price for a Brill trolley. Try this website, found it today. They didn't have what i want, but maybe something for you!
http://www.trolleyville.com/trolleyville.shtml

Don't forget to check the 'bay'.

Yes. :)

Ebay is my favorite source for oddball stuff, because you never know what you'll find if you look long enough. I also wanted a brill but didn't want to sink a lot of money in one. So I bought an old beat up diecast shell off ebay and put a cheap Tyco motorized trolley truck in it...
IMG_4877.jpg


[YOUTUBE]uzhx7AxFToQ[/YOUTUBE]

Total cost: about $20. :)

Greg
 
Last edited by a moderator:






Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top