ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
Very nice J.P., great work on the Alco
Great look'n road switcher! I've got one of the old Atlas RS-3's, Seaboard Air Line colors naturally. It is a pretty sweet runner, how does the Athearn RS-3
run? I'm thinking of getting one in the SAL colors of course.
Bob (SALRy)
Athearn
Thanks Bob. The Athearn runs very nicely. Its pretty smooth and it'll creep along nice and steady. Its not as quiet as my Proto1000 but that thing is damn near silent. Its not loud enough to drive you nuts though. I have no experience with any Atlas locos so I can't compare, I am very happy with the way the Athearn runs. Funny thing is I want to get an Atlas RS-3 but have a self imposed buying freeze on any new locos and rolling stock

I appreciate the info so I bid on an Athearn RS-3 in the appropriate color scheme that was listed on eBay. I got it at a decent price I believe and
again thanks for the input.
Bob
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)