ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
What are people really thinking? Talk about high shipping charges - if the seller can't make a profit on the sale of this item he sure is going to make it on shipping
When I bid, I take into account the shipping cost. If my personal limit is $25.00 and the guy wants to charge $18.00 for shipping, my max bid is $7.00. It solves that issue quickly for me.
When I bid, I take into account the shipping cost. If my personal limit is $25.00 and the guy wants to charge $18.00 for shipping, my max bid is $7.00. It solves that issue quickly for me.
Just about the same way I do it. At least that way a person doesn't feel like they are being ripped off but feels comfortable with the price paid for an item..
I did ask him about shipping but haven't got anything back yet.
That is a way to not pay the fee's for ebay and paypal. If it sells for $1.00 with $99.00 shipping, the fee's are for the one dollar. The real cost is the shipping not the biding.
That is a way to not pay the fee's for ebay and paypal. If it sells for $1.00 with $99.00 shipping, the fee's are for the one dollar. The real cost is the shipping not the biding.
eBay now also charges a % of shipping in an effort to put an end to this practice. So as a seller you generally have an insertion fee (unless it's free), final value fee, % on shipping, and PayPal gets their cut too.
With a shipping cost like that I wouldn't give it a second look. Usually when I shop on Ebay I look only at the Buy It Now items with Free Shipping and keep the total as low as possible. Last batch of five locos I picked up there cost me $30 and I rebuilt three of them which I now run on my layout.
Along with ebay's "final value fee" there is now a "final value shipping fee".
This was brought about by people selling for one dollar then charging high amounts for shipping to make up for the loss.
It hurts legit sellers like me who sell RR surplus and have to pay a percentage of shipping for large items, sometimes as high as a couple hundred dollars.
As for ebay purchases I always check the shipping first, I got stung a few times with shipping.
That is a way to not pay the fee's for ebay and paypal. If it sells for $1.00 with $99.00 shipping, the fee's are for the one dollar. The real cost is the shipping not the biding.