Hi from West Virginia!

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Curiosity

Railfan Girl
Hello everyone! I'm new to model railroads and thought I'd tell you a little about myself and how I got into the hobby.
My grandparents had a very respectable LGB collection. They shared their love of trains with their grandchildren as well, and bought me an LGB circus set when I was young.
Recently I was searching for it in the attic, and came across a gorgeous loco, several Orient Express pieces still in the box, and a TON of track. When I asked my mom about it, she said they had left those things to me after they passed away several years ago. Too bad no one had told me this until now! Those things had just been sitting up in the attic for about TEN YEARS!
So now I'm determined to create a nice G scale layout without going bankrupt. (Leave it to my grandfather to choose the most expensive scale they make :p)

So thanks to that I've gotten way into G scale, HO scale, wooden railway and Thomas the Tank Engine. :D (I also love Japanese commuter trains, but haven't ventured into N scale yet.)
Really, it's hard not to be a railfan when I'm in West Virginia and trains are EVERYWHERE! I live right next to an old B&O overpass and I'm super nostalgic for the Chessie system.

Nice to meet everyone!

Curi.
 
Curi, welcome aboard. Post pictures when you can of your family heirlooms, I've always loved the big LGB's but never ventured into that world.
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Hello Curiosity,

We may be neighbors- I live in Belmont County, Ohio, (which is on the state line). I model the other end of the spectrum- N-Scale... I love the ability to run long trains in just a little space. :D

All the best,

Sean C. :)
 
I'm near Barboursville, WV. Moved back here from Chicago to be closer to my parents. It'll be awhile for me to get photos of the LGBs since they are all packed up right now. My dream is to run them on a suspended ceiling or shelf track in my bedroom! The room is square with nothing in the way so it's like it was built for that purpose, but of course that gets into some bucks.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top