Hi from MI

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


kevin58

New Member
I used to belong to a club here in Saginaw MI many years (decades!) ago. That was the bulk of my modeling... a 10' module I built for the club layout. I sold that when I left the club and all my stuff has been packed away in boxes since then.

I once started a layout in my (then new) basement but that came down for a remodel project and now I'm getting the itch to build again.

I've got a 22' by 16' area in the basement to build in but it has to remain living area. I can't go into the room and I've only got one of the long walls and one short wall to work with. I'm thinking 24" wide shelf along those two walls... which should provide a nice bit of railroading.

Oh, and I model in HO btw.

I've forgotten a lot that I used to know and technology and techniques have no doubt changed in 18 years so you'll probably be hearing a lot from me.

Cheers,
Kevin
 
Welcome back to the hobby Kevin, and to the forums. There are lots of great experienced modelers here on the forum.

You may want to start a thread in the Layout section. Give them your demensions of available space.

Include information about your interests. Scale, Era, Purpose of the railroad, etc.

There are free software programs for track plan designing. Like Atlas RTS and XtraCad. Get a basic plan going, post up a picture of it, and others will give you suggestions.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top