ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
I need a bit of help wiring. I got 2 terminal joiners to put after my turnout so my DC engine would run after it passes over the frog. Even though i've tried to rewire it, the train still stops. Is there anything I might be able to do to fix that?

What gauge, turnout manufacture & model
HO, Bachmann, and I don't know the model because it doesn't say on the piece of turnout.
Do you have a volt meter that you can check for power on each rail?
The frog is most likely insulated and the loco has only electrical pickup on one truck. That being the case it will stall every time on the frog. Only cure is to get a non insulated turnout or add electrical pickups to the other truck, which is most likely the motor powered one. (that was my cure before I changed to better quality locos)
Cheers
Willis
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)