I am planning my first ever layout using kato unitrack on a table of 32"x55" and would like some help with the design element.
I want to use the following layout plan http://www.katousa.com/track-plans/g...ay-bonnie.html and I would like to add an outer loop as suggested in the plan, along with a bridge on the back straight and a tunnel somewhere. This layout is mainly for my son (nearly 4 years old) and myself to enjoy together.
I have the following pieces of Unitrack plus the Six required #4 turnouts and the bumpers.
20-120 x8 Radius 45 315mm
20-100 x8 Radius 45 249mm
20-170 x8 Radius 45 216mm
20-000 x16 Straight 248mm
20-010 x1 Straight 186mm
20-020 x8 Straight 124mm
20-021 x3 Straight 124mm road crossing
20-030 x19 Straight 64mm
20-040 x5 Straight 62mm
20-041 x4 Straight 62mm feeder
20-045 x1 Straight 62mm snap track conversion
20-150 x2 718mm Radius 15º Curve Track
20-202 x1 #6 Left Turnout
20-203 x1 #6 Right Turnout
24-840 x2 Turnout control switch
20-070 x2
20-071 x6
20-464 x2 124mm Deck Plate Girder Bridge
23-047 x5 Bridge Pier No.5
I need to know what is required for power also, currently I have one older Atlas powerpack, if I want to run two DC trains then I belive this requires two DC power packs, correct?
Any feedback is appreciated.

I want to use the following layout plan http://www.katousa.com/track-plans/g...ay-bonnie.html and I would like to add an outer loop as suggested in the plan, along with a bridge on the back straight and a tunnel somewhere. This layout is mainly for my son (nearly 4 years old) and myself to enjoy together.
I have the following pieces of Unitrack plus the Six required #4 turnouts and the bumpers.
20-120 x8 Radius 45 315mm
20-100 x8 Radius 45 249mm
20-170 x8 Radius 45 216mm
20-000 x16 Straight 248mm
20-010 x1 Straight 186mm
20-020 x8 Straight 124mm
20-021 x3 Straight 124mm road crossing
20-030 x19 Straight 64mm
20-040 x5 Straight 62mm
20-041 x4 Straight 62mm feeder
20-045 x1 Straight 62mm snap track conversion
20-150 x2 718mm Radius 15º Curve Track
20-202 x1 #6 Left Turnout
20-203 x1 #6 Right Turnout
24-840 x2 Turnout control switch
20-070 x2
20-071 x6
20-464 x2 124mm Deck Plate Girder Bridge
23-047 x5 Bridge Pier No.5
I need to know what is required for power also, currently I have one older Atlas powerpack, if I want to run two DC trains then I belive this requires two DC power packs, correct?
Any feedback is appreciated.

