Hi,
I am slowly getting into model railroading again..I have a Athearns GP40-2 non dcc HO, I just bought a MTH Mikado HO.I am building on a 4X8 for now plan on going bigger later on.Here it is.I want the MTH to have to have the bells,whisles working lights on and off plus smoke on and off the other are not a must it would be nice. I was told I have to get a MTH DCC to make it all work.Heres the kicker I want to put DCC in my GP 40-2 sooner or later Would the MTH work with the GP40-2.Plus what would I lose if I want to a diff. dcc as in name brand.I am a beginer at this dcc I now nothing about it,but is a must for my MTH plus I want to keep up with times and move up in to dcc.What dcc would run mostly everything I what or everything I am a bugget for now. I can spend up too 300 on one for now.Like I said I do not to get lost on a running a big dcc.I am looking something easy for now or do I have a choice or not..I need help on this matter ..
Thanks
Jason K
Oh this is my frist post here. Hi everyone..
I am slowly getting into model railroading again..I have a Athearns GP40-2 non dcc HO, I just bought a MTH Mikado HO.I am building on a 4X8 for now plan on going bigger later on.Here it is.I want the MTH to have to have the bells,whisles working lights on and off plus smoke on and off the other are not a must it would be nice. I was told I have to get a MTH DCC to make it all work.Heres the kicker I want to put DCC in my GP 40-2 sooner or later Would the MTH work with the GP40-2.Plus what would I lose if I want to a diff. dcc as in name brand.I am a beginer at this dcc I now nothing about it,but is a must for my MTH plus I want to keep up with times and move up in to dcc.What dcc would run mostly everything I what or everything I am a bugget for now. I can spend up too 300 on one for now.Like I said I do not to get lost on a running a big dcc.I am looking something easy for now or do I have a choice or not..I need help on this matter ..
Thanks
Jason K
Oh this is my frist post here. Hi everyone..
