ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
I've acquired this large Walthers Marnold control unit that may have come from the Buffalo or Rochester, NY areas. There are some clues left on the face of the controls. Do these names or controls look familiar to anyone?


The two clubs in the Buffalo area is NOME and Buffalo Model RR club.I belong to NOME and it's not theirs.
Rochester area the ones that come to mind are The Genesee N scalers,Rochester Institute or Technology(RIT).All have gone DCC.Hope that helps if I think of any others I'll let you know.
Well-Known Member
Staff member
I know this. If my club's layout was to go DCC only, the amount of switches on the control boards would reduce more than by half.
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)